Your Aquarium Resource Center

Quality assistance, current developments for advancement of aquarists
Tropical fish, aquatic plants, brackish tanks, marine, nano reefs

Making An Old 2Nd Hand Tank To Look Pretty. Challenges....

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#281 Biulu

Biulu

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationNow about 80% in Montreal, Canada

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

I am glad things seemed to work out with the sealant. How is the tank now? Did it hold? Any recoveries from plants? My tank is a mess since the holidays. The person that looked after it, threw in too much food and I also lost lots of plants, no fish luckily. What I regret most is having lost my red lotus; it was lovely!

#282 snazy

snazy

Established Aquarist

• Tank And Pet Of The Month Winner
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for asking Builu. The tank is holding on, no leaks thanks god but I still have to fill it up to the very top although I tested it and it's ok and I raised the level some since last week. The plants will regrow now getting the right flow and light. The ones that suffered are the carpet plants and the aponogeton and the green lotus.  On the contrary, the stems tried to overtake the tank and got so tangled and overgrown I pulled out tons of them today altogether. The moss has grown huge too, I should take a picture it looks lovely but I killed the one that was outside the water.  I noticed the vallis didn't suffer much either and I need to pull out runners spread all around. I took a picture yesterday as it is now after all that ordeal but I cut out all the bush of stems behind the wood. Plant shape is totally gone because they had to grow bent but I am hoping they'll straighten up.Posted Image

#283 Biulu

Biulu

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationNow about 80% in Montreal, Canada

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

The tank looks very lush, as always! I am sure that with a few days of proper lights, the plants will straighten out especially the stems.

#284 snazy

snazy

Established Aquarist

• Tank And Pet Of The Month Winner
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Thanks Builu. At the moment I am happy enough that the glass is holding day after day :)