#22 ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Which dog Snazy? There is a live dog in one of the photographs and two pictures on the wall.

Well, I am controlling the nitrite spike, it hasn't got any worse in the last two days and I still expect it to sort itself by the weekend. All the fish are healthy and I didn't lose any in the move. The two sets of fish from the two tanks have amalgamated quite well although the black phantom tetras are very shy and stay in the greenery most of the time. After seeing a lot of the Khuli loaches at first they have obviously seen a place they like and I haven't seen any of them since, typical. My zebra loaches lurk in the undergrowth most of the time but then they always did. My diamond tetra's are always out and about schooling nicely and of course the corys just go on as if nothing had happened.

As soon as the clowns decide to move under the wood (IF they do) I'll remove the drainpipe but they do love drainpipes.

Here is a final picture. The water is a bit yellow as the new wood is still leeching a bit and that after 2x 200 litre water changes this week. To give the tank a sense of scale note the Clown Loach in the bottom right of the tank -- he is five inches long!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 snazy

snazy

Established Aquarist

• Tank And Pet Of The Month Winner
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Which dog Snazy? There is a live dog in one of the photographs and two pictures on the wall.
The dog on the first picture in the thread, resting next to the tank.

#24 ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

snazy, on 11 July 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

The dog on the first picture in the thread, resting next to the tank.

That's Bisley, he won Pet of the Month here once. He is sixteen now, a little unsteady on his back legs and stone deaf but when he meets another dog he stands with his ears up and his chest out proudly with tail wagging. After the other dog has gone he looks visibly knackered with the effort of looking tall and proud. We love him to bits although he's also a little incontinent (both ways) at times. He has a heart defect, he's deaf, he has no thyroid gland left (he has daily thyroxin supplement) and has daily anti-inflammatories for his hips. The anti-incontinence medicine is expensive as are the other drugs. Is he worth it? Probably not in the grand scheme of things but to us he's family and he's staying until he can't go on.
Posted Image

#25 Akasha

Akasha

Established Aquarist

• Tank And Pet Of The Month Winner
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'm certain he's worth every penny, he's gorgeous and as you say, he's one of the family. Tara is 10 and a half now - my vet expects her to see 16 too but I am dreading the vet bills that could come with an aging dog but we accept that that day could come when we invite them into our lives :)

The tank is looking lovely :)

#26 Crossfire

Crossfire

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Locationsomewhere

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Now I really want Clown Loaches! They look very happy in their new tank! :drool:
20 Gallon: It's a mess
Fluval Spec 5 Gallon:  1 Male Betta, 1 African Dwarf Frog