#1 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

Tzuppy was becoming lazier and lazier for the past year, and this year he started to lose a lot of weight. It got worse when columnaris struck recently and affected my old fish (Artemis and Sardine) so I guess the big guy got it too but it didn't show on him. I've also lost Artemis this morning. Sardine's still alive but her droopy tail and the saddle on her back spell trouble for her too.

Well, looks like Pete is getting that Tzuppy sandwich he wanted. (if you remember that post).

Meanwhile, I'll post these pics that show where he started from and the most recent pics of him.

2005, when he was next to Seadra. He was that little guy, 2 years old at the time. I didn't have a proper tank back then.
Posted Image

2012 onward until 2015

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And a pic of Artemis with Sardine from 2014:
Posted Image

Posted Image

76L: Linda [longfin sword], Pepper & Rosy [homebred swordies], Ghost (white swordtail), Kitty & Musti [Hoplos].

RIP Tzuppy [Hoplo] 2003-2016

#2 Vince

Vince

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Locationnew york city

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

Im sorry for your lost Pisces  .Its heart breaking to lose a fish that you had for years and years ..13 years is a hell of a life for aquarium fish to live ..You're a good parent .My blessing ..

Are you going to get another fish ?

#3 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

View PostVince, on 31 May 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

Im sorry for your lost Pisces  .Its heart breaking to lose a fish that you had for years and years ..13 years is a hell of a life for aquarium fish to live ..You're a good parent .My blessing ..

Are you going to get another fish ?
Only after I clear the problems that have caused this disaster. It's columnaris and it has returned for its yearly "flu season" thanks to the high temperatures of this time. I've increased water changes and Sardine's saddle and white mucus on the tail is starting to fade away, so I might be able to save her. I have her since the beginning of 2013 when she was born.

It always takes away some of my eldest fish and it has returned almost every year during summer (except last year). Some of my fish have survived columnaris in the past, but since Tzuppy and these other two were already pretty old, they were the most vulnerable now.

Aaaaand few minutes from this post my LEDs just blew up.

Edit: 3 days later Sardine died even though I've tried salt treatment and methylene blue. It was as if all diseases in 1 attacked her:
tail rot, a worm-like creature in her gill, and something that could have been ich on her skin.

Edited by Pisces, 09 June 2016 - 04:01 PM.

Posted Image

76L: Linda [longfin sword], Pepper & Rosy [homebred swordies], Ghost (white swordtail), Kitty & Musti [Hoplos].

#4 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

Well, a week after losing my eldest fishes, I've brought in a tiny hoplo and a tiny longfin swordie female.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Ruskull

Ruskull

Established Aquarist

• Tank Of The Month Winner
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationClayton, North Carolina, USA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

Sad to hear about Tzuppy...........what's the new one's name?
55 Acrylic: (2) Three Spot Gouramis (1) Bolivian Ram (6) Turquoise Rainbows (4) Bosemani Rainbows (1) Swamp Barb (12) Schwartz's Corries (10) Threelined Corries (2) Emerald Corries (1) Siamese Algae Eater (2) Netrite Snails 36 Bowfront: (2) Pearl Gouramis (1) Opaline Gourami (1) Paradise Gourami (7) Glass Catfish (8) Harlequin Rasboras (5) Nertite Snails 20 High: (1) Bolivian Ram (2) Rosy Barbs (1) Cherry Barb (4) Pristella Tetras (1) Neon Tetra (3) Glowlight Tetras (1) BN Pleco
Posted Image

#6 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:24 AM

View PostRuskull, on 29 June 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

Sad to hear about Tzuppy...........what's the new one's name?
I've named it Kitty. Might be female since it doesn't have that white thing underneath and is plump, but I guess I'll find out for sure in a few more months.

Posted Image

#7 Ruskull

Ruskull

Established Aquarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:19 AM

Nice name.  Good luck with her/him.
55 Acrylic: (2) Three Spot Gouramis (1) Bolivian Ram (6) Turquoise Rainbows (4) Bosemani Rainbows (1) Swamp Barb (12) Schwartz's Corries (10) Threelined Corries (2) Emerald Corries (1) Siamese Algae Eater (2) Netrite Snails 36 Bowfront: (2) Pearl Gouramis (1) Opaline Gourami (1) Paradise Gourami (7) Glass Catfish (8) Harlequin Rasboras (5) Nertite Snails 20 High: (1) Bolivian Ram (2) Rosy Barbs (1) Cherry Barb (4) Pristella Tetras (1) Neon Tetra (3) Glowlight Tetras (1) BN Pleco
Posted Image

#8 Vince

Vince

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Locationnew york city

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

Should've name it brian the transgender fish..lol

#9 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:48 PM

View PostRuskull, on 06 July 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

Nice name.  Good luck with her/him.
Thanks. Just did a water change today and they were all very active.

View PostVince, on 06 July 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

I don't think Brian would like that.

Posted Image

#10 Tolak

Tolak

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:33 PM

Picking up a new fish after an old timer passes sounds very similar to what happened with my family years back after our old cairn terrier moved on to a better place.  The kids grew up with that raunchy troublemaker, so it hit them especially hard.  One night before his overnight shift my son, who totally dwarfs me, did his usual routine of tossing a slice of cheese over his shoulder for Ozzy while making his lunch.  In the morning he told me that cheese going splat on the floor was the worst sound he's heard in his life; we need a dog.

We planned on waiting several months, when this big dude is tearful over a cheese splat, well, call it several days.  It was a good decision, the kids, being considerably older from the last time we had a pup were just awesome with a new one.

As far as me, my goofy oscar zapped himself near 5 years back.  That tank is still empty, haven't come across another big fish to fit the bill.  I guess kids are more resilient in many ways then us old timers, just haven't come across another $1 monster fish at an auction that nobody wants, yet.
Posted Image

#11 Ruskull

Ruskull

Established Aquarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

View PostVince, on 06 July 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

LOL!
Posted Image

#12 Vince

Vince

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Locationnew york city

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

View PostPisces, on 06 July 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Thanks. Just did a water change today and they were all very active.

I don't think Brian would like that.

Oh brian would love it for sure .lol...brian has a great sense of humor ..he would just laugh it off..

#13 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostTolak, on 07 July 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

Picking up a new fish after an old timer passes sounds very similar to what happened with my family years back after our old cairn terrier moved on to a better place.  The kids grew up with that raunchy troublemaker, so it hit them especially hard.  One night before his overnight shift my son, who totally dwarfs me, did his usual routine of tossing a slice of cheese over his shoulder for Ozzy while making his lunch.  In the morning he told me that cheese going splat on the floor was the worst sound he's heard in his life; we need a dog.

We planned on waiting several months, when this big dude is tearful over a cheese splat, well, call it several days.  It was a good decision, the kids, being considerably older from the last time we had a pup were just awesome with a new one.

As far as me, my goofy oscar zapped himself near 5 years back.  That tank is still empty, haven't come across another big fish to fit the bill.  I guess kids are more resilient in many ways then us old timers, just haven't come across another $1 monster fish at an auction that nobody wants, yet.
Since pretty much no animal I've had has been exactly the same, it's interesting to meet a new character. I still miss Tzuppy and his habit of spitting water over the corner to tell me it's lunch time though.

This one isn't like Tzuppy, but she seems very active and has a habit of running right past the food sometimes, unless I hold it still. At first I thought she's blind, but she seems to see stuff from quite a long distance away from the tank. She also keeps vacuuming my biggest longfin's tail, probably because that longfin nipped her tail when I first put the hoplo in.

Posted Image

#14 Tolak

Tolak

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:44 PM

The same but different.  The comparisons are nice, the fun lies in the contrasts.
Posted Image

#15 Brian

Brian

Established Aquarist

• Tank, Fish, Pet Of The Month
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:02 PM

Sorry about Tzuppy Pisces, it's always sad after all those years, you could have named your new fish  Brian, if I see Vince I'm going to hit him with my hand bag.......lol
.............weird no fish.........

#16 Vince

Vince

Forum Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Locationnew york city

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:56 AM

hey bri my amazon plant is having more babies again .What a whore my plant is  .always getting knock up ..  I'll post pics in a new section later on today ...

#17 Brian

Brian

Established Aquarist

• Tank, Fish, Pet Of The Month
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

LMAO, you should be on telly, must be very healthy your tank Vince, keep it up.......
.............weird no fish.........

#18 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:09 PM

One of my swordtails had a baby, after all this time. Well there probably were more, but got eaten, or are hiding in the willow moss.
Posted Image

Also, Kitty has grown a bit too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

I wonder who the parents of the fry are... The fry has black eyes.
The only female that seemed pregnant and ended up thinner that day was the red-eyed lyretail female, so I'm confused.
Posted Image
Natasha turned out to be a late bloomer male, so I've renamed him to Nathan.
Posted Image
Though I doubt he could be the father. It makes me wonder if the mother is the orange longfin, and the father the red-eyed normal male.
Are red eyes recessive?

Edited by Pisces, 22 November 2016 - 04:05 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:59 PM

Added 2 assassins and got a free hornwort from the shop.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Pisces, 25 November 2016 - 05:52 PM.

Posted Image