34 replies to this topic

#1 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• Pet Of The Month Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Hi, I've finally finished uni and hopefully going to be sorting out my tank. Not many fish left, most seem to have gone from old age. The damn amano shrimp are still kickign though, must be atleast 7 years old by now. Scribble pleco and whiptail are looking good and hanging out together. 3 remaining false neons are looking a bit sorry for themselves.

Anybody still about?

#2 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMannering Park, Australia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

Hi Guerrero
I recently came back as well, i used to go under the name  (Something Fishy )it seems the forum has run out of steam, I was speaking to a couple of the old members, , but thats it , I dont know where they all are now.

#3 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostGuerrero, on 05 July 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Hi, I've finally finished uni and hopefully going to be sorting out my tank. Not many fish left, most seem to have gone from old age. The damn amano shrimp are still kickign though, must be atleast 7 years old by now. Scribble pleco and whiptail are looking good and hanging out together. 3 remaining false neons are looking a bit sorry for themselves.

Anybody still about?
Heya Guerrero. Wow, I didn't know that amano shrimp can live that long.

Posted Image

76L: Nathan [longfin sword], Whiptail[female pintail sword], 2 red albinos [homebred swordies], Mormy & Tiny [homebred swordies], Kitty [Hoplo].

RIP Tzuppy [Hoplo] 2003-2016

#4 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMannering Park, Australia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

How is your Albino catfish going Pisces,, Has he settled in.

#5 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

I didn't know amano shrim lived that long either, They're looking a bit out of plce in the tank cause they're about the biggest thing in there. Not that there's much in there anyway.
I saw the little catfish, she still doing okay?
How's your tank(s) going john?

#6 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

We also seem to be suffering a bit with spam bots :P

#7 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

View PostJohn, on 19 July 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

How is your Albino catfish going Pisces,, Has he settled in.

View PostGuerrero, on 27 July 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

Cory has settled in almost from the first day she was in there. She hid behind a bush, but as soon as Kitty (the hoplo) pushed her to get out of there, they've become inseparable and Cory's always curious about people around the tank. I hide food in the sand for her to find, but I also handfeed her with flakes.
On the other hand, I've lost both of my old red albino swordtails due to the extreme heat that Romania had experienced. At least I have their 2 babies that are also red albinos...

Posted Image

76L: Nathan [longfin sword], Whiptail[female pintail sword], 2 red albinos [homebred swordies], Mormy & Tiny [homebred swordies], Kitty [Hoplo].

#8 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

sorry about the the swordtails but the rest is good. how big are the baby albinos?

I'm having to wait to move house before restocking. Torn between Dario dario x6 or A. hongsloi pair again. thinking ill get a shoal of celestiel pearl danios to fill the space.

#9 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

View PostGuerrero, on 28 July 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

sorry about the the swordtails but the rest is good. how big are the baby albinos?

I'm having to wait to move house before restocking. Torn between Dario dario x6 or A. hongsloi pair again. thinking ill get a shoal of celestiel pearl danios to fill the space.
They're about 3-4 cm, slow growers like their parents.
This heat is making my fish very grumpy, the only things that get their hopes up are feeding time and cool water changes. It can get up to 40C here, and I can barely stay awake too.

Posted Image

#10 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

Lost Cory this morning when the heat returned and I woke up like in a desert. Kitty was sitting next to her while she was barely breathing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

Sorry :( Are you havinga heatwave or something ?  I'm assuming your usual weather is hotter than Englands anyways? I lost 3 of my corries to heat a few months back
I hope your other fish recovered okay

#12 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostGuerrero, on 06 August 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Sorry :( Are you havinga heatwave or something ?  I'm assuming your usual weather is hotter than Englands anyways? I lost 3 of my corries to heat a few months back
I hope your other fish recovered okay
Yeah, massive heatwave. Code red. And still cannot find an affordable AC even 2nd hand.
I cannot keep changing water all the time, and mornings are the worst.
A storm arrived earlier, blew the heck out of the plants on our balcony. Hopefully it brings cooler weather too.

Posted Image

#13 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

doesn't sound fun at all, poor fishies (and you!) Hope it cools down for you soon. We've more than enough cold at the moment, orchids are not happy.

#14 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostGuerrero, on 06 August 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

doesn't sound fun at all, poor fishies (and you!) Hope it cools down for you soon. We've more than enough cold at the moment, orchids are not happy.
If only there was a way to share some of this heat with your country... I'd donate half of it. Winter was colder than usual here, but at least for that I have heaters.

Posted Image

#15 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

Holy crap! I went to Herastrau Park and found that the lake was full of dead clams! The stench!

Posted Image

#16 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

Eek thats nasty. I'm guessing thats cause of the heat?

I've found out the river round our field has little shrimpy thigns in. they're funny little critters.will see if I can get a photo

#17 Tolak

Tolak

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

View PostGuerrero, on 27 July 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

If you see something feel free to report it.  A software upgrade would require a skin redesign, not in the budget ATM.  I figured some workarounds, near any spam should only be seen by mods & admins.
Posted Image

#18 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Cool. I'd forgotten about the abillity to report things, had noticed they'd all disapeared though. Thanks Tolak

#19 Pisces

Pisces

Established Aquarist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

View PostGuerrero, on 07 August 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Eek thats nasty. I'm guessing thats cause of the heat?

I've found out the river round our field has little shrimpy thigns in. they're funny little critters.will see if I can get a photo
Most likely. I have never seen such a die-off at that lake, and it had been a very hot day that time.

Shrimp things? Sounds cute.

View PostTolak, on 10 August 2017 - 02:50 AM, said:

If you see something feel free to report it.  A software upgrade would require a skin redesign, not in the budget ATM.  I figured some workarounds, near any spam should only be seen by mods & admins.
Hi Tolak, thanks for keeping the place as spam-free as possible.

Posted Image

#20 Tolak

Tolak

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

Warmer water holds less O2, if it's a bit shallow with quite a bit of stocking this can happen.

Glad you appreciate my effort!  I've been working with this software for well over a decade, it's a good product with plenty of alternatives to make things run right.  Only downfall is that it's not plug & play, I've got no problem with that.
Posted Image