7 replies to this topic

#1 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• Pet Of The Month Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:49 AM

Not sure anybody is still around but if I can figure out how to get phptoa uploaded again this'll at least be a reasonable way to journal things

2 new aquascape! Nothing special and 1 is dry starting since I can't add water yet...I'm also short a light unit and so having to move that around to light them both. I might have messed up some timings.

90L currently has
Anubias (gold/pinto/nana)
Bucephalandra (various)
Liverwort
Bolbitis (this stuff growa like a weed its terrifying)
Pogo...(I've forgotten what its called)
Crypts (various)
Got a carpet plant on the way

Its also got the added bonus of extra plants (not pictured) that are due to go in the other tank but I'm not sure would survive the dry start

60L dry start
Monte Carlo
Pogo...
Anubias gracilis
Buce green velvet ok think)
Willow moss
Liverwort
Willow moss
Hygro
Amazon sword (ocelot I think?)
A red rosette plant I don't rememeber the name of...

Not sure
https://www.instagra...d=1xlxy7ubj2776

#2 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

Instagram links don't attatch inline... I forget how to do this.

If anybodies still about, hi!

#3 something fishy

something fishy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:23 AM

Merry Christmas my friend, setups sound good, i think we are the only two left.

Regards John.
Something Fishy

#4 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:53 PM

Merry Christmas to you too! Hope you're doing well?

I've put notifications on the thread so I'll at least know if anybody pops by now.

I still can't quite decide on in inhabitants- Im thinking cherry and crystal shrimp and ottos for the smaller tank. probably go for white, black and blue shrimp. For the bigger tank I'm currently hoping I can find a Dario 'myanmar' but only scarlet badis is easy to get from that group unfortunately. Then a group of microdevario kobutai probably. But it'll depend what I can find around I guess, I've yet to locate a good fish shop near me

Most the plants seem to be doing well but for some reason nearly all the anubias just melted which is weird

#5 something fishy

something fishy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:27 AM

You have a great selection of plants, , i always think you cannot go past a school of African  or Congo tetras, they really set a tank off.
Something Fishy

#6 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

Congo tetras are beautiful but sadly a bit too big for the tank and I'm not sure they'd appreciate my high pH which is why I started looking at Myanmar fish, soft water but high pH is a bit weird

#7 something fishy

something fishy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:29 AM

Let me know what you put in your tank Guerrero.

Cheers John.

PS happy new year.
Something Fishy

#8 Guerrero

Guerrero

Forum Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

happy new year to you too (though I'm a bit too late really)

I think I'm going to end up with microdevario kobutai and scarlet badis since I can get hold of them, I can't source the others, got one last place to try. Then aiming for blue bolts in the little tank but trying to sort out water parameters first, will probably need RO unfortunately, my kH is a touch high and I can't get the pH to drop below 8. Strange soft alkaline water

In the end nearly all the anubias melted/rotted away for unknown reason. the best explanation I found was a rare kind of anubias specific disease? I treated the tank for bacterial disease and its seems to have cleared up but most the anubias is gone so got a long wait for it to all grow back! the big coffofolia is growing really quick (about a leaf a week I think?) but the nana var. are slower so it'll be a while. Some of the buce is flowering though and in general all the plants are doing well, little bit of algae but not surprising and nothing major apart from the spots on the old coffofolia leaves.

At the moment I'm on the hunt for new LED if you've got any suggestions!! I've got the dennerle ones on the bigger tank which are good lightness wise but they're quite yellowish, but everything else is so much more expensive